The MXS 5.0 TEST & CHARGE combines an advanced micro-processor controlled battery charger with a battery and alternator test function to provide the ultimate in battery testing, charging and maintenance.
Charging — The MXS 5.0 TEST & CHARGE provides excellent performance on batteries from 1.2Ah up to 110Ah. The charger solves a broad range of battery problems and features include a patented automatic desulphation step and a special reconditioning step that will revive and restore deeply discharged and stratified batteries. The patented Float/Pulse maintenance makes the charger ideal for long-term maintenance. The RECOND and COLD WEATHER OPTION operate individually or together in both SMALL BATTERY and NORMAL BATTERY programs providing great flexibility for the user.
Testing — Three easy to use programs to test battery voltage, start power and alternator performance to provide a complete picture of battery and vehicle charging system health.
The MXS 5.0 TEST & CHARGE is easy and safe to use, protects vehicle electronics, spark-free, reverse polarity protected and short circuit proof. The MXS 5.0 TEST & CHARGE features a 5-year warranty.
Auto: Fully automatic for optimal charging
12V: For all lead-acid batteries
Step 7: Fully charged battery
Step 8: Maintenance charging
COLD/AGM: Charging in cold conditions and AGM batteries
RECOND: Recondition of deeply discharged batteries
BATTERY: Test battery voltage
START POWER: Test battery starting power
ALTERNATOR: Test alternator charging performance
- Volt – 12V
- Rated Voltage AC – 220–240VAC, 50–60Hz
- Charging voltage – SMALL, NORMAL: 14.4V, COLD/AGM: 14.7V, RECOND: 15.8V
- Min battery voltage – 2.0V
- Charging current – 5A max
- Current, mains – 0.65A rms (at full charging current)
- Back current drain – <1Ah/month
- Ripple – <4%
- Ambient temperature – -20°C to +50°C, output power is reduced automatically at high temperatures
- Charger type – 8 step, fully automatic charging cycle with adjustable parameters
- Battery types – All types of 12V lead-acid batteries (WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and GEL)
- Battery capacity – 1.2–110Ah up to 160Ah for maintenance
- Dimensions – 168 x 65 x 38mm (L x W x H)
- Insulation class – IP65
- Weight – 0.6kg